New Workshops Earthbagbuilding 2016, on the Anchorage Ecolodge, India:
14th march – 27th march
30th march – 12th april 2016
Price: $1350,00 all inclusive
People who really want to learn how to build an earthbag dome can do the Artvark Earhbag Building workshops. In this workshop I organise practical and theory lessons in building on the Anchorage Ecolodge. On this site we are building 5 beautiful Guesthouses.
Various topics are treated like:
- Superadobe introduction
- The arch and how it works
- Soil composition
- Basic dome designing
- Dome geometry
- The compass and how it works
- Stabalized earth
- Site planning
- Flooring options
- Drainage and Waterproofing
What is included:
- Learning all about superadobe using various teaching tools, both theory and practical.
- The chance to get hands of experience working on the main building site with larger sized, triple dome units.
- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner with a variety of dishes both vegetarian and non vegetarian. Tea and coffee is also available on site.
- Basic accommodation which includes mattress, sheets, pillows, blankets in a tent set up. 3 showers and toilets that are shared by everyone on site. Accommodation is shared (between 2-4 people per tent) and 2 person tents are available on first come first serve basis. You are welcome to bring your own tents, camping area is available on site.
- Tools and materials that are used for demonstrations and practice.
- Certificate of completion
For more information:
T +919650622002 – Abhi – Anchorage Ecolodge – India
T +6590214046 – Rakesh – Anchorage Ecolodge – Singapore
T +31650634095 – Arnout – ArtVark sustainable building projects – the Netherlands